|Francis Ngannou Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 5, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Francis Ngannou is a Cameroonian professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2015. As of November 2022, he was ranked number 4 UFC men’s pound-for-pound rankings. As of November 2022, he had put together an impressive 16-3 win-loss record in his professional mixed arts career, including an 11-2 win-loss record since joining UFC. In March 2022, at UFC 260, he had defeated Stipe Miocic to win the UFC Heavyweight Championship, becoming the first Cameroonian-born UFC champion. Before joining UFC in 2015, he had amassed a 5–1 win-loss record competing in promotions based in France, Switzerland, and Bahrain such as 100% Fight, SHC, and KHK MMA.
Francis Zavier Ngannou
Batié, Hauts Plateaux Division, Cameroon
Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Siblings – He has 3 brothers and a sister.
- Others – He has an aunt.
6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
119 kg or 262.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Cameroonian descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped, afro hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
Francis Ngannou Facts
- Francis had grown up in abject poverty and had received very little formal education growing up. His parents had parted ways when he was about 6 years old after which he had lived with his aunt for quite a while.
- By the time he had turned 10, he had started working in a local sand quarry to earn a livelihood. In his teenage years, he had been lured by several gangs in his village to join them but he had resisted all those approaches. He had later decided to use his father’s negative reputation as a street fighter as an inspiration to do something positive with his life and had eventually started getting trained in boxing despite opposition from his family.
- He had started getting trained in boxing when he was 22 but had stopped after a year due to an illness. Thereafter, he had taken up several odd jobs to make ends meet. At the age of 26, he had moved to Paris to try and pursue a career in professional boxing.
- However, soon upon reaching Europe, he had been imprisoned for 2 months in Spain on charges of illegally crossing the border. After his sentence had ended, he had traveled to Paris but had no money. He was homeless for quite a while and used to live on the streets of Paris. A few months later, he had been introduced by a friend to Cameroonian MMA coach and former mixed martial artist Fernand Lopez as well as the MMA factory in Paris, the largest MMA gym in France.
- Fernand had convinced Francis to give up on his boxing dream and try out MMA instead. After Francis had heeded his advice, Fernand had given him some MMA gear and had allowed him to train and sleep at the gym for no cost.
- As of November 2022, he had won the ‘Performance of the Night’ UFC Bonus Award 6 times in his 13 bouts at the promotion.
Featured Image by Francis Ngannou / Instagram