|Kazuya Kamenashi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kazuya Kamenashi is a Japanese singer, actor, TV host, producer, and model who has acted in numerous films and TV series and has hosted/co-hosted/judged several singing-based competitive reality TV shows. He is, perhaps, best known for his work as the co-lead vocalist of the popular J-pop group KAT-TUN that he had joined in 2001. He was also one half of the temporary musical group Shūji to Akira whose only single titled Seishun Amigo had become the best-selling single of 2005 in Japan. He has also worked as a sports commentator and host on the sports shows Going! Sports&News and Dramatic Game.
Kame, Kame-chan, Kazu
Edogawa City, Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan
Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan
Singer, Actor, TV Host, Producer, Model
- Siblings – Yūichirō Kamenashi (Older Brother), Yūya Kamenashi (Younger Brother), Kōji Kamenashi (Older Brother)
J Storm, Inc.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kazuya has dated –
- Kyoko Fukada (2015-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Japanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Kazuya Kamenashi Facts
- Kazuya was named after a character from Touch, a Japanese high school baseball manga series written and illustrated by Mitsuru Adachi, a renowned Japanese manga artist. Coincidentally, his bandmate at J-pop group KAT-TUN, Tatsuya Ueda was also named after the twin brother of Kazuya’s namesake.
- From childhood, he was a keen baseball fan and player just like the character he was named after. He had even represented Japan in the junior world baseball league as a shortstop.
- When he was 12 years old, he had been signed up by the talent agency Johnny & Associates which trains and promotes groups of male entertainers known as Johnnys. This development meant that he did not have enough time to pursue baseball due to which he had given up on the sport. This was despite having the support of Johnny Kitagawa, the agency’s president, to pursue both careers.
- In 2008, he had walked the runway for the French luxury design house Hermès‘ men’s autumn/winter 2008 collection in Tokyo.
- He had been invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch at the opening ceremony of the 2009 season of the Pacific League, one of the two professional baseball leagues that constitute Nippon Professional Baseball, the highest level of baseball in Japan. The match was held in Chiba City and had featured the Chiba Lotte Marines and the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks.
- He had participated in the Central League‘s (one of the two professional baseball leagues that constitute Nippon Professional Baseball) Yomiuri Giants’ 23rd FanFiesta in November 2009 and had led his team to victory. He had participated during the 1st inning as a shortstop and in the 2nd and 3rd innings as a pitcher. He had represented the Black Rose Variety team against the Giants Select Members team.
- In 2012, he had been allowed to cover, live, a Major League Baseball (MLB) match between the Oakland Athletics and the Yomiuri Giants. He had also thrown the ceremonial first pitch in that game.
Featured Image by Kazuya Kamenashi / Instagram