Yash Dhull Height, Weight, Age, Family, Facts, Education, Biography
|Yash Dhull Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 11, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Yash Dhull is an Indian professional cricketer who came to prominence in February 2022 when he had captained the Indian squad to the title at the 2022 ICC (International Cricket Council) Under-19 Cricket World Cup. This was India’s 4th successive appearance in the final of the tournament after losing efforts in 2016 and 2020 and a winning campaign in 2018. This was also the 5th time that India had lifted the trophy after victorious campaigns in 2000, 2008, 2012, and 2018. A couple of months before this, in December 2021, Yash had captained India to the title at the 2021 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Under-19 Asia Cup. This was the 8th time that India had won this competition out of the 9 editions that had been played.
Yash Vijay Dhull
New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Yash had attended the Bal Bhavan International School, a public school in Dwarka, a sub-city in South West Delhi.
- Father – Vijay Dhull (Vice-President of a Cosmetics Company)
- Mother – Neelam Dhull
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Middle Order Batter
22 – Youth ODI
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Yash Dhull Facts
- Before Yash had turned 16 years old, he had already played tournaments in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, and Nepal. In an under-19 tournament in Nepal, he had won the ‘Player of the Series’ award. He was only 15 at that time.
- He had first come into the spotlight on the Indian domestic scene when he had topped the run-scoring charts in the 2021 edition of the Vinoo Mankad Trophy (the premier limited-overs domestic competition for men’s under-19 cricket in India). He had scored 302 runs in just 5 matches at an astounding average of 75.50, representing the DDCA (Delhi & District Cricket Association). The performance went a long way in him being named India’s captain for the upcoming ACC Under-19 Asia Cup.
- In India’s first match at the 2022 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, against South Africa, he had top-scored for his team with 82 runs in a team total of 232 runs. India went on to win the match by 45 runs but the joy was short-lived for Yash as he and 5 other members of the Indian squad had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- This meant that all of those players had to miss out on the next (and last) 2 matches of the group stage, against Ireland and Uganda. Despite missing so many first-choice players, India managed to win those games easily, top their group, and qualify for the quarter-final. Yash had recovered in time for that match, against Bangladesh, and had scored 20 runs not out in a tricky chase of 112 runs where India had lost 5 wickets by the time they had reached 97 runs.
- In the semi-final, against arch-rivals Australia, he had scored an imperious hundred (110 runs off 110 balls) to steer India to a massive total of 290 runs. India went on to win the match by 96 runs and he was named the ‘Player of the Match’ for his performance.
Featured Image by Yash Dhull / Instagram