|Ron Duguay Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1957|
Ron Duguay is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player and coach who had represented, as a center, the New York Rangers (1977–78-1982–83; 1986–87-1987–88), the Detroit Red Wings (1983–84-1985–86), the Pittsburgh Penguins (1985–86-1986–87), and the Los Angeles Kings (1987–88-1988–89) in the National Hockey League (NHL). He had been drafted 13th overall by the New York Rangers in the 1977 NHL amateur draft. He had ended his NHL career with 864 games, scoring 274 goals and recording 346 assists. In minor leagues, he had represented the Colorado Rangers (1987–88) and the San Diego Gulls (1990–91-1991–92) in the International Hockey League (IHL); the San Diego Gulls (1995–96-1997–98) in the West Coast Hockey League (WCHL); the Jacksonville Lizard Kings (1998–99) in the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL); the Jacksonville Barracudas (2002–03) in the Atlantic Coast Hockey League (ACHL); and the Brooklyn Aces (2008–09) and the Jersey Rockhoppers (2008–09) in the Eastern Professional Hockey League (EPHL). He had also turned out for 22 games in Europe with Mannheim ERC (in the Eishockey-Bundesliga) during the 1989–90 season. Between 2007 and 2018, he had worked as an in-studio analyst for MSG Network‘s coverage of the New York Rangers.
Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
New York City, New York, United States
Professional Ice Hockey Player (Retired), Former Ice Hockey Coach
- Others – Jamie Stockton (Ex-Stepson), Bobby Stockton (Ex-Stepson), Robert Alexis (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Chemical Engineer), Barbara Alexis (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Andy Stavros (Son-in-Law) (Real Estate Agent)
- 10, 44 – New York Rangers
- 10 – Detroit Red Wings
- 35, 10 – Pittsburgh Penguins
- 44 – Los Angeles Kings
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ron has dated –
- Cheryl Tiegs
- Bianca Jagger (1980)
- Cher (1982)
- Patti LuPone (1983)
- Farrah Fawcett (1983)
- Robin Bobo – Ron had married an American model named Robin Bobo on December 1, 1983, and they have 2 daughters together named Amber Stavros (née Duguay) and Shay Thomas (née Duguay). Ron and Robin had parted ways in the late 1980s.
- Kim Alexis (1991-2016) – Ron had started dating American actress, model, spokesperson, author, and TV host Kim Alexis in September 1991 and they got married in January 1993. They have a son together named Noah Duguay (b. 1994). The couple had parted ways in 2016.
- Sarah Palin (2022) – In January 2022, Ron had been spotted dining outdoors with the American politician, author, TV personality, and the 2008 vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin at a restaurant in New York City. This episode had fuelled dating rumors. Ron had even, allegedly, assaulted a photographer who had questioned him about the danger of being in Sarah’s company who had recently been tested positive for Covid-19.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
- Toned physique
- Overgrown, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
Ron had been featured in a TV commercial for Sasson designer jeans.
Ron Duguay Facts
- Ron had represented, at the junior level, his hometown team Sudbury Wolves (1973–74-1976–77) in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL)’s junior events. He had scored a junior career-high of 134 points in the 1975–76 Ontario Major Junior Hockey League (OMJHL) season which had helped the team win the Hamilton Spectator Trophy as the best team in the regular season. The team would later retire his jersey.
- He had been selected in the Canadian national junior squad for the 1977 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships. He had recorded 1 goal and 4 assists in the tournament, helping Canada finish in 2nd place.
- In April 1980, in a game against the Philadelphia Flyers, he had set a New York Rangers team record by scoring the fastest goal at the start of a game, at 9 seconds.
- He had retired from the sport after the 1991–92 season but had resumed playing 3 years later explaining that he had wanted his children, who had been too young to witness him play in his NHL days, to see him in action.
- After the 1998–99 season, he had commenced his 2nd retirement. In 2003, he had returned to the rink and had joined the Jacksonville Barracudas in the Atlantic Coast Hockey League. He had played 6 games for the team as a forward after which he had taken over as the team’s head coach.
- In the 2003–04 season, he had led the team to the World Hockey Association 2 league’s best record and playoff championship. With Ron as the coach, the team’s overall record over 3 and a quarter seasons was 92–92–0–3 including a 6–3 playoff record. He had resigned as coach after an unsuccessful 2005–06 season.
- On March 21 and 22, 2009, almost six years after having played his final professional game, he had turned out in one game each for the Brooklyn Aces and the Jersey Rockhoppers, to raise money for the Garden of Dreams Foundation, a nonprofit organization associated with Madison Square Garden, the iconic indoor arena in New York City.
- Later that year, he had participated in the first season of the Battle of the Blades, a Canadian figure skating reality show and competition. He had represented World Vision Canada, the Canadian Chapter of World Vision International, an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization.
- In the 2009 book titled 100 Ranger Greats, the authors had ranked him at number 49 in their all-time list of the greatest players to have represented the New York Rangers. The list had been compiled after studying the performances of all the 901 players who had played in the team’s first 82 seasons.
Featured Image by Ron Duguay / Instagram