|Rishi Dhawan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1990|
Rishi Dhawan is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented his country, as of April 2023, in 3 ODIs in January 2016 (all against Australia) and a solitary T20I in June 2016, against Zimbabwe, as a bowling all-rounder. He has represented his home state team of Himachal Pradesh (2007–Present) in the Indian domestic circuit. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has played for Kings XI Punjab (2008, 2014–2016), Mumbai Indians (2013), Kolkata Knight Riders (2017), and Punjab Kings (2023-Present). He is widely regarded as the best cricketer ever produced by the northern Indian hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India
Himachal Pradesh, India
- Siblings – Raghav Dhawan (Older Brother) (Professional Cricketer)
He is represented by FairPlay Sports, Athlete Management & Sports Marketing / PR Agency, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- 55 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 19 – Kings XI Punjab (IPL), Punjab Kings (IPL)
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rishi has dated –
- Deepali Chauhan (2017-Present) – Rishi got engaged to his long-term girlfriend and fashion designer Deepali Chauhan in a private ceremony held in his hometown of Mandi, in January 2017. The couple got married in February 2019 and they have a son together named Ridharv Dhawan (b. 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Rishi Dhawan Facts
- Rishi had started his cricketing journey as an opening batsman in junior cricket. However, with time, he transitioned into a seam-bowling allrounder who could bat in the middle-order.
- He had first come into the spotlight in 2006 when, as a 16-year-old, he had recorded a mammoth knock of 340 runs for Himachal Pradesh against Railways in the Cooch Behar Trophy (India’s national cricket tournament for under-19 players).
- He was the highest wicket-taker (49 wickets in 8 matches) in the 2013-14 season of the Ranji Trophy (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in India). The performance had earned him an ‘India A’ call-up for a limited-overs tour of Australia in July 2014. He had helped ‘India A’ win the tournament in Australia by scoring a crucial, unbeaten, knock of 56 runs in the final.
- With 519 runs in 8 matches, he was the leading run-scorer for Himachal Pradesh in the 2018–19 season of the Ranji Trophy.
- In December 2021, he captained Himachal Pradesh to victory in the 2021–22 season of the Vijay Hazare Trophy (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in India) by defeating overwhelming favorites Tamil Nadu in the final. This was the first time ever that Himachal Pradesh had lifted a senior-level trophy in the Indian domestic circuit.
- Rishi was one of the stars of the tournament, finishing as the tournament’s 2nd-highest run-scorer (458 runs at an incredible average of 76) as well as the 2nd-highest wicket-taker (17 wickets at a stellar average of 23).
- In his first game of the 2023 IPL, against the Chennai Super Kings, his first match in the tournament in nearly 5 years, he had made headlines with the protective face gear that he was wearing while bowling. He had later revealed that it was to protect his nose which had undergone surgery to treat an injury he had sustained just before the tournament.
Featured Image by Rishi Dhawan / Instagram