|Rassie van der Dussen Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||February 7, 1989|
Rassie van der Dussen is a South African professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a top-order batter. In the South African domestic circuit, he has played for Titans (2008–2011), Highveld Lions (2011–2021), and North West (2012) across all 3 formats. A dynamic top-order batter, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Jozi Stars (2018) in the MSL (Mzansi Super League); St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots (2018) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Vancouver Knights (2018-2019) in Global T20 Canada; and Islamabad United (2020) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League).
Hendrik Erasmus van der Dussen
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Rassie had attended Die Hoërskool Menlopark, a public Afrikaans-medium high school in his hometown of Pretoria.
Right-Arm Leg Break
Top Order Batter
72 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Highveld Lions (South African Domestic Cricket), Jozi Stars (MSL), St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots (CPL), Vancouver Knights (Global T20 Canada)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rassie has dated –
- Lara Blignaut (2014-Present) – Rassie had started dating a teacher named Lara Blignaut in 2014 and the couple got married in April 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afrikaner descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Rassie van der Dussen Facts
- Rassie had first come into the spotlight during the 2017–18 season of the Sunfoil Series (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in South Africa). He was the leading run-scorer in the tournament with 959 runs in 10 matches.
- In the 2018–19 season of the CSA T20 Challenge (the premier domestic T20 competition in South Africa), he was the joint leading run-scorer with 348 runs in 10 matches.
- In July 2018, with 255 runs in 8 matches, he was the leading run-scorer in the inaugural edition of the Global T20 Canada tournament. His performances were instrumental in the Vancouver Knights lifting the title.
- Later that year, in December 2018, with 469 runs at a strike rate of 138.75, he was the leading run-scorer in the inaugural edition of the MSL. His performances were instrumental in the Jozi Stars lifting the title.
- In January 2019, in his debut ODI match, against Pakistan, he had scored 93 runs. However, South Africa went on to lose the match by 5 wickets. In the very next match, the second of the series, he had top-scored for his team with 80 runs not out; helping them win the match by 5 wickets. He went on to lead the run-scoring charts for South Africa in this series with 241 runs; helping them win the series by a 3-2 margin.
- In August 2019, he had been honored with the ‘International Men’s Newcomer of the Year’ award at Cricket South Africa‘s annual award ceremony.
- In April 2021, at 32 years and 54 days, he had become the oldest cricketer for South Africa to score his maiden ODI century.
Featured Image by Rassie van der Dussen / Instagram