This week’s episode of NXT saw a significant rise in the ratings from last week’s episode despite the clash with NBA and NHL playoffs.
As per Showbuzz Daily, the latest episode of WWE’s developmental brand averaged 601,000 viewers. The audience was up 13% from last week. It is important to note that last week’s episode garnered the lowest audience in the history of the show on the USA Network.
Since the NBA playoffs began in April, this week’s episode drew the second-best audience. NXT ranked #30 on cable in the 18-49 key demographic with a rating of 0.14. The rating skyrocketed substantially from last week’s record-low tally of 0.10. Therefore, the increase this week was 40%. It was tied with the April 26th episode as the best rating in the demo since the NBA playoffs kicked off.
The top five shows were all related to sports led by the Boston Celtics versus Miami Heat Eastern Conference Semi-final game with 6.1 million viewers and a demo rating of 2.22.
Quick recap of the results from this week’s NXT 2.0 episode
This week’s episode of the NXT saw some intriguing matches. The main event was a thriller featuring Santos Escobar and Tony D’Angelo.
- Cameron Grimes and Solo Sikoa defeated Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams
- Lash Legend defeated Tatum Paxley – NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament first-round match
- The Viking Raiders defeated The Creed Brothers
- Grayson Waller defeated Andre Chase
- Roxanne Perez beat Kiana James – NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament first-round match
- Nathan Frazer defeated Wes Lee
- Santos Escobar defeated Tony D’Angelo
Some matches were announced for next week’s episode as well. Bron Breakker will face Duke Hudson. Mandy Rose will lock horns with Indi Hartwell. For the detailed results of this week’s episode of NXT, you can click here.
More WWE news
Follow our dedicated WWE page for instant WWE news and updates