|Mukesh Choudhary Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mukesh Choudhary is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented Maharashtra (2017-18–Present) in all 3 formats of the sport in the Indian domestic circuit, as a frontline pace bowler. In the IPL (Indian Premier League), he has turned out for the Chennai Super Kings (2023-Present).
Pardodas, Hurda, Bhilwara, Rajasthan, India
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Mukesh had done his primary schooling at a residential school in Jaipur, Rajasthan, near his maternal grandparent’s house. When he was in 8th grade, his parents had admitted him and his older brother to a residential hostel in Pune. He had later studied at the Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s College of Commerce, an institution located in Deccan Gymkhana, Pune.
- Father – Gopal Choudhary (Associated with the Stone-Crushing Business)
- Mother – Prembai Choudhary
- Siblings – Rajesh Choudhary (Older Brother)
Left Arm Medium
33 – Chennai Super Kings
6 ft in or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thin beard
Mukesh Choudhary Facts
- His parents had moved from their native Rajasthan to a small town near Yavatmal, Maharashtra, for work, in the 1980s. However, they had briefly returned to Bhilwara, Rajasthan, for Mukesh’s birth. They had then left him and his older brother in Bhilwara, Rajasthan, where they grew up in a hostel close to their maternal grandparents’ home.
- It was only after Mukesh and his brother had moved to Pune when he was in the 8th grade, for further studies, and also because they could be closer to their parents, did his cricketing journey start in earnest.
- A friend of his, a club cricketer, had helped Mukesh join the 22 Yards Cricket Academy in Pune, in 2015, where he could hone his game on turf wickets instead of bowling on cement pitches as he was used to doing until then.
- About a year later, he had also started getting trained at the MRF Pace Academy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, an institution that has been instrumental in turning around the pace bowling fortunes of Indian cricket.
- In 2017, he had impressed many with his pace and accuracy at the RedBull Campus Cricket tournament where he was representing his college. Among his teammates was a certain Ruturaj Gaikwad who went on to recommend Mukesh as a net bowler to the Chennai Super Kings‘ management in 2021.
- Besides his future franchise, he had also served as a net bowler for other IPL franchises like the Sunrisers Hyderabad and the Mumbai Indians.
- At the 2023 IPL (Indian Premier League) mega auction, he had been acquired by the Chennai Super Kings for his base price of INR 20 lakhs (approximately USD 26k).
- On May 1, 2023, his parents traveled more than 500 km from their home in Yavatmal to Pune to watch him play cricket live for the first time in their lives. Their journey was made all the more worthwhile as Mukesh picked up 4 wickets in that day’s IPL game to keep the Chennai Super Kings‘ playoff qualification hopes alive.
Featured Image by Mukesh Choudhary / Instagram