|Ja Morant Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ja Morant is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Memphis Grizzlies (2019–Present), as a point guard, in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was drafted 2nd overall in the 1st round of the 2019 NBA Draft by the Memphis Grizzlies.
Temetrius Jamel Morant
Dalzell, Sumter County, South Carolina, United States
Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States
Ja had attended Crestwood High School in Sumter, South Carolina. After his high school graduation, he joined Murray State University, a public university in Murray, Kentucky. Between 2017 and 2019, he represented the Murray State Racers basketball team.
After the team’s loss in the 2019 NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) men’s basketball tournament, he had announced his intention to forgo his final 2 seasons of collegiate eligibility and declare for the 2019 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Tee Morant (Barber, Former Semi-Pro Basketball Player)
- Mother – Jamie Morant (High School Basketball Player, College-Level Softball Player)
- Siblings – Teniya Morant (Younger Sister) (High School Basketball Player)
12 – Memphis Grizzlies
Ja Morant’s net worth had been $7 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ja has dated –
- Kadre Dixon – Through his past relationship with Kadre ‘KK’ Dixon, Ja has a daughter named Kaari Jaidyn Morant (b. August 7, 2019).
- Johanna Leia (2023) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, neck-length, dreadlocked hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a goatee
- Has multiple tattoos on his upper chest and both his hands
- Has the phrase ‘beneath no one’, advice given by his mother, tattooed on his left arm
Ja Morant Favorite Things
Source – Wikipedia
Ja Morant Facts
- His father, a semi-pro basketball player, had given up the dream of playing professionally overseas when Ja was about to be born so that he could say close to the family. He became a barber instead.
- His father, hoping Ja would fulfill the dream that he could not, would train him in the family home’s backyard and teach him step-back jump shots.
- As a child, Ja would often play against older opponents and used to compete in the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) circuit with the South Carolina Hornets, a local team based in Columbia, South Carolina.
- He left Crestwood High School as its all-time leading scorer (1,679 points). In his last two seasons there, he had averaged 27 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists per game. In both those years, he had earned South Carolina Class 3A All-State honors. During his high school career, he was also a 3-time All-Region ‘Most Valuable Player’.
- In June 2021, rapper Moneybagg Yo released a song titled Rookie of the Year to celebrate Ja being named the ‘NBA Rookie of the Year’. The song had praised his ‘underdog mentality’ as well as his rise from a barely known college freshman to one of the rising stars of the NBA.
- The same month, a six-episode documentary titled Promiseland was released. It had focused on his debut NBA season.
Featured Image by Ja Morant / Instagram