|Geoff Neal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Geoff Neal is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in February 2018. As of January 2022, he had amassed a 6-2 win-loss record in the promotion. As of November 2021, he was ranked number 12 in the UFC welterweight rankings. Before joining UFC in February 2018, he had put together an 8–2 win-loss record competing in promotions such as Xtreme Combar Productions, Xtreme Knockout, 24/7 Entertainment, Legacy FC, Rumble Time Promotions, and Legacy Fighting Alliance. In the 8th of these 10 bouts, he had challenged for the vacant XKO (Xtreme Knockout) Middleweight Championship but had lost. He holds a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Geoffrey Charles Neal
Handz of Steel
Austin, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Geoff, after his high school graduation, had joined the Texas Lutheran University, a private evangelical university in Seguin, Texas.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Ed Neal
- Mother – Vici Frazier Neal
- Siblings – He has a sister and a younger brother.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Geoff has a daughter named Ahni Rae (b. November 2017) from an unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed goatee
Geoff Neal Facts
- Geoff used to play American football at the Texas Lutheran University but after he became disenchanted with the football program there, he had transitioned to mixed martial arts.
- He had made his amateur mixed martial arts debut in 2010 and before turning pro in late 2012, he had accumulated a 6-1 win-loss record.
- Before joining the UFC in February 2018, he had put together an 8–2 win-loss record in his professional career. The last of these matches was a part of UFC President Dana White‘s Contender Series program, a feeder MMA promotion that scouts talent for the UFC. He was a part of the 3rd episode of the 1st season of the program where he had defeated Chase Waldon via technical knockout in the first round after which he had been signed up by UFC.
- After joining UFC, he had strung together 5 straight wins between February 2018 and December 2019. The 4th of these bouts, against Niko Price, a win via technical knockout (punches) in the 2nd round, had earned him his first UFC Bonus Award – ‘Performance of the Night’.
- For about 10 years, until his bout with Mike Perry in December 2019, he had worked as a server at a Texas Roadhouse (an American steakhouse chain) outlet in Dallas. In June 2020, he had returned to that job after failing to get a fight scheduled.
- After beating Mike Perry in December 2019, he had lost successive bouts, for the first time in his career, against Stephen Thompson in December 2020 and against Neil Magny in May 2021, both via unanimous decision.
- In November 2021, he had been arrested in Collin County, Texas on charges of driving under the influence as well as unlawful possession of a firearm. He had been released from jail after furnishing a bond worth USD 2k.
Featured Image by Geoff Neal / Instagram