Clash at the Castle will be the biggest wrestling event in the United Kingdom. Here is everything you need to know.
On Saturday, September 3, 2023, Cardiff, Wales, is set to experience the biggest wrestling event in the United Kingdom in more than three decades.
Millennium Stadium is expected to welcome around 60,000 wrestling fans worldwide. The tickets are set to go on sale in just a week. Here is everything you need to know about WWE Clash at the Castle.
When is WWE Clash at the Castle happening?
- WWE Clash at the Castle emanates from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on Saturday, September 3, 2023.
- This will be the first significant stadium event held in the United Kingdom in more than 30 years since SummerSlam ’92 at London’s Wembley Stadium.
Where is The Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales?
The Principality Stadium is the new name of what was known popularly and worldwide as The Millennium Stadium for several years. However, WWE has never presented any event at this Stadium.
- The local airport allows international fans to arrive close to the Stadium. At the same time, Cardiff Central train station enables United Kingdom fans to travel. Trains to Cardiff can be boarded from Newport, Bristol, Swansea, Gloucester, Bath, Cheltenham, Birmingham, London, Southampton, Coventry, Manchester, Portsmouth, and Liverpool.
- You can travel to Cardiff by coach from most UK cities, including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool and Edinburgh. There are also regular bus services between most towns/cities in Wales if you stay outside of Cardiff.
How can someone get to Cardiff by Car?
- Cardiff’s location on the M4 motorway makes it easily accessible by car. It is within two hours drive of London and the East Midlands.
- From the east: Visitors travelling along with the M4 from the east are advised to leave the M4 at junction 32 and follow the A470 (first exit at a roundabout) into the centre of Cardiff.
- From the west: Visitors travelling along with the M4 from the west are advised to leave the M4 at junction 33 and join the A4232 (third exit at a roundabout). You then have the option of either exiting the A4232 at the next roundabout and following signs for Cardiff city centre. Alternatively, if you remain on the A4232, it will eventually lead you to Cardiff Bay.
- From the southwest: Visitors travelling from the southwest of England should head north along the M5 motorway and follow signs for South Wales and the M4.
- From the Midlands and north: Visitors travelling from the Midlands and the north of England should head for the M50 motorway (junction 8 on the M5 motorway) and then onto the A40 (signposted South Wales, Monmouth). Continue along the A40 until you reach Monmouth, when the road becomes the A449. Continue along the A449 until you reach the Coldra roundabout, where you should take the fifth exit to join the M4.
- There is no dedicated spectator car parking at or near Principality Stadium on event days. Still, there is plenty of parking available in Cardiff City Centre itself. When planning travel and parking for an event at Principality Stadium, please check with Cardiff Council for further details on road closures that may be in operation.
- There is accessible parking close to the Stadium. Please book this in advance to ensure you have a space.
When do tickets go on sale, and how much will it cost for WWE Clash at the Castle?
Tickets for WWE Clash at The Castle will go on general sale Friday, May 20 at 12 PM BST / 7 AM EST through Ticketmaster.co.uk. Please visit here to learn more about registering for an exclusive presale opportunity beginning Wednesday, May 18 at 12 PM BST / 7 AM EST. For more information on ticket pricing for WWE Clash at The Castle, please visit Ticketmaster.co.uk ahead of the general sale on Friday, May 20.
What are the current COVID-19 restrictions when travelling to and arriving in Wales?
- There are no COVID travel restrictions in place for travelling to Wales. However, please check local government guidelines before travelling to ensure you follow the latest advice.
Here are some things to know about Cardiff
Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, is a compact, friendly city. Enjoy world-class museums displaying internationally renowned art collections or shopping in historic Victorian shopping arcades and big brand stores throughout the city.
It is also home to several WWE superstars like Wade Barrett, former WWE Star Tegan Nox, Mark Andrews, Wild Boar, and Flash Morgan Webster.
More WWE news
Follow our dedicated WWE page for instant WWE news and updates.