|Beneil Dariush Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1989|
Beneil Dariush is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in January 2014. As of May of 2022, he was ranked number 3 in the UFC lightweight rankings. As of November 2022, he had amassed an impressive 21–4–1 win-loss-draw record in his professional mixed martial arts career. Before joining UFC in 2014, he had put together an undefeated winning streak of 6–0 and was unbeaten in more than 3 years competing in promotions such as Respect in the Cage (RITC), Samurai Pro Sports, and High Fight Rock in the United States and Brazil. In his last 2 bouts before joining UFC, he had won the RITC Lightweight Championship and then defended it. He holds a black belt in both Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai. Representing the United States in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2010 California World No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship (-82 kg (Brown)), the 2009 California World No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship (Open (Purple)), and the 2008 California World No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship (-82 kg (Blue)). He had secured the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2012 California World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (-82 kg (Brown)), the 2010 California World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (-82 kg (Purple)), the 2009 California World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (-82 kg (Blue)), and the 2010 California World No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship (Open (Brown)). He had clinched the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2009 California World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (Open (Blue)) and the 2009 California World No-Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship (-82 kg (Purple)).
Beneil Khobier Dariush
Gol Tappeh, Gol Tappeh District, Kabudarahang County, Hamadan, Iran
Yorba Linda, Orange County, California, United States
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Edward Dariush
- Mother – Doris Khobier
- Siblings – Beraeil Dariush (Sister)
6 ft or 183 cm
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Beneil has dated –
- Victoria Dariush (2015-Present) – Beneil had started dating Victoria in 2015 and the couple got married in February 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Assyrian Iranian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a rugged stubble
Beneil Dariush Facts
- When Beneil was 9 years old, his family had left Iran and emigrated to the United States where they had joined several relatives from their large extended family. At that time, Beneil and his sister did not know how to speak English. Hence, in their early days in the United States, they were forced to spend most of their time playing with their cousins.
- He had started getting trained in Brazilian jiu-jitsu in 2007 when he was about 18 years old. He had earned his black belt in just 5 years.
- He is a devout Christian and is known to often express his religious affiliation during UFC media events, promotional work, and post-fight interviews. He has sponsored an orphanage and a Christian school in Haiti known as the Cap-Haitien Children’s Home.
- He has also been a long-term supporter of a charitable organization called ColorsForKindness which helps several youngsters battle mental illness and depression by helping them express their artistic creativity.
- As of November 2022, he had won 5 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Fight of the Night’ (once) and ‘Performance of the Night’ (4 times).
Featured Image by Beneil Dariush / Instagram